GENERAL TERMS OF SALE
The sale of holidays offered by CHATEL RESERVATION is governed by: the Tourism Law - which sets out the rules relating to the organization and sale of travel arrangements or holidays
These terms of sales are valid for all stays sold through CHATEL RESERVATION, except for furnished rental properties without services sold through the following estate agencies: AGENCE CRUZ, IMMOBILIERE DU VAL. For these furnished rental properties without services, the terms of sales of these agencies are valid.
OUR SPECIFIC TERMS OF SALE
DEPOSIT: The booking will only be considered confirmed on receipt of a deposit equivalent to 25 % of the total cost of the booking.
BALANCE: The balance is to be paid to CHATEL RESERVATION no later than 30 days before the date of arrival.
Without any payment of the total amount 30 days before your arrival, and if the payment of the deposit has been made by credit card, we will automatically debit the balance on this credit card.
PROPOSED GOODS AND SERVICES: The client expressly acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the nature of the proposed products and holidays, as well as all the information and conditions contained in the offer or the booking form, provided prior to booking.
In view of the technical difficulties involved in producing the website and the possible changes that may occur regarding the type and extent of facilities included in the services provided, CHATEL RESERVATION will do its best to inform the client of any changes no later than on the day of booking.
RISK PREVENTION PLAN: The commune of Châtel is covered by a natural risk prevention plan. You can consult a risk report which relates to the building in which you are staying at: http://www.haute-savoie.gouv.fr/Politiques-publiques/Environnement-risques-naturels-et-technologiques/Prevention-des-risques-naturels/Donnees-communales-plans-de-prevention-des-risques-naturels/Chatel
LENGTH OF STAY: As a rule, the stays are from SATURDAY to SATURDAY; however at certain times, different periods are possible. The length of stay can only be altered with the written agreement of CHATEL RESERVATION.
PRICES: Prices are given in Euros (all taxes included). As CHATEL RESERVATION acts as a booking agent, some elements such as the amount of the returnable deposit, local tax etc. can vary depending on the accommodation provider or service providers.
LOCAL TAX: Effective in the resort.
COLLECTING AND RETURNING THE KEYS: The keys are available for collection every Saturday from 4 pm to 7 pm (except for holiday residences from 5 pm to 7 pm) during the winter season, and from 4 pm to 6 pm during the summer season and the interseason.
The apartments, chalets and hotel rooms must be vacated before 10am the following Saturday. In the event of a late or deferred arrival, you must contact the property owner or his representative on site (hotelier, estate agency, holiday residence or individual), to give him the details of your arrival. Any arrival outside of the provided days or times must be made by special agreement with the property owner or his representative on site. If this is not respected, CHATEL RESERVATION cannot be held liable.
CIVIL LIABILITY INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL GUARANTEE: CHATEL RESERVATION has taken out civil liability insurance with GRITCHEN AFFINITY – BP66048 – 18024 BOURGES CEDEX and a financial guarantee with ATRADIUS CREDIT INSURANCE NV – 44 avenue Georges Pompidou, 92596 LEVALLOIS PERET CEDEX
INSURANCE: CHATEL RESERVATION declines any liability in the event of theft, burglary or fire in the rented premises. The client is under obligation is to take out insurance covering rental risks of all kinds caused during his stay and for which he may be held liable. Châtel RESERVATION reserves the right to demand the production of an insurance certificate which covers the rented premises.
CANCELLATION: If the payments set out in the contract are not received on the due dates, we are legally entitled to cancel the booking.
CANCELLATION CONDITIONS: In the event of cancellation, the client must inform Chatel RESERVATION in writing.
In case of cancellation the client is liable to pay the balance of the rental cost.
- If the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date: The total amount of the deposit is kept by CHATEL RESERVATION and the client is liable for the balance of the rental cost.
- If the cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date: all amounts already paid will be kept by CHATEL RESERVATION.
Please note that unless previously agreed with CHATEL RESERVATION, any change to the stay, whatever its nature will be considered as a cancellation and will lead to identical costs.
CANCELLATION INSURANCE: CHATEL RESERVATION offers you the possibility of taking out insurance which covers the cancellation or curtailment of your holiday. We recommend that you take out this insurance which can be done at the time of booking.
If you can prove you already had insurance cover for the risks covered by the cancellation insurance cover, you have the option of withdrawing from this insurance free of charge within a 14-day period from when it is taken out and as long as the guarantee has not been implemented.
TRANSFER OF THE CONTRACT: In compliance with article L. 211-11 of the Tourism Law, you have the possibility to transfer the present contract to a person who fulfils the same conditions as you, as long as it has not had any effect, and this up until 7 days prior to the date of departure, by informing the agency within a reasonable period of time. Yourself and the beneficiary of the transfer remain jointly responsible for the payment of the balance of the contract and the transfer fees that you will be informed of.
OBJECTIONS, COMPLAINTS and LEGAL DISPUTES: In order to ensure that your stay goes as well as possible, any objections, complaints or legal disputes must be received by our offices, to enable us to intervene.
Failure to mention a non-conformity on site may influence the amount of a possible price discount if mentioning it without delay could have avoided or reduced customer damages.
You can contact us:
By telephone: + 33 (0)4 50 73 30 22
By email: email@example.com
By writing to our company head office: SAS CHATEL RESERVATION - 281 route de Thonon - 74390 CHATEL,FRANCE
Should the customer not receive a satisfactory response from CHATEL RESERVATION within 60 days, they are entitled to take the matter to the Tourism & Travel Ombudsman whose contact details can be found at www.mtv.travel
The ombudsman’s recommendation is not binding and if the parties to the contract cannot come to an amicable agreement, they can take the dispute to the competent court.
If the sale takes place online, the traveller has the possibility of using the platform available on the following website https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr to settle their dispute.
LIABILITY: CHATEL RESERVATION can on no account be held liable in the event of exceptional and unavoidable circumstances, unforeseeable events, strikes or the actions of anyone whose service is unrelated to the organisation of the stay.
CHATEL RESERVATION and the relevant service providers are responsible for the proper performance of the services provided for in this contract and are required to help travellers in trouble. Except in the event of exceptional and unavoidable circumstances, CHATEL RESERVATION and the relevant service providers will do their utmost to replace faulty services with equivalent services.
Should their strict liability be called into question due to the actions of a service provider, compensation limits based on the international conventions according to article L.211-17-IV of the Tourism Law will be applicable: if not and except in the event of bodily injury, intentional harm or harm caused by negligence; possible monetary damages are limited to three times the total price of the stay.
Should you not wish to receive unsolicited sales calls, you can register free of charge on the telemarketing opt-out list www.bloctel.gouv.fr.
The person who signs this contract accepts to provide their data in order to execute the contract and guarantees that he/she has obtained the consent of the other travellers for the same purpose.
The person who signs this contract agrees to provide their data in order to receive our special offers and requests (via email, text messages, telephone calls and post).
Data is only kept for the duration required for the following purposes:
- Booking a stay: the data required to process your order will be kept for the duration required for the establishment of a right or contract
- Customer relationship management: data will be kept for 3 years from the end of the customer relationship.
In accordance with current legislation, you have the right to access, correct and delete your personal data, a right to its portability and a right to object to its processing for legitimate reasons.
To exercise these rights, you must send a letter to the following address: SAS CHATEL RESERVATION - 281 route de Thonon - 74390 CHATEL (FRANCE) or an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS FOR FURNISHED ACCOMMODATION
INVENTORY and RETURNABLE DEPOSIT: On your arrival, you must inspect the property and check the inventory and report any anomalies within 48 hours. You will be asked for a returnable deposit decided on by the property owner estate agency or holiday residence. This is payable by check or cash.
The exit inspection of the property and inventory will be carried out after your departure.
The deposit will be returned within one month after deduction of possible damage and cleaning costs, if the apartment is not left in a suitable state of cleanliness. If the returnable deposit does not cover the cost of such damage, the client agrees to pay the necessary amount to cover the costs.
THE PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: Sheets, household linen and local tax, unless otherwise stated in CHATEL RESERVATION’s offer.
CAPACITY: The apartment’s capacity is defined in the contract. In the event of any additional guests, the accommodation provider is within his rights either to ask for a supplement as defined by himself or to refuse the additional person.
DEPRIVATION OF USE: Interruptions in the use of the building's general services (heating, hot and cold water, electricity, etc.) as well as public services (water pipes, electricity, telephone, access) shall not justify a reduction in rent; the owner or his representative being unable to guarantee these services. Consequently, CHATEL RESERVATION shall not be held liable in the event of deprivation of use or limited use
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS FOR HOTELS
PRICES: Prices are all-inclusive. They are calculated according to the family make-up given at the time of booking.
THE PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: Local tax, drinks, unless otherwise stated in CHATEL RESERVATION’s offer.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Additional services detailed in the booking and not used by the client during his stay must still be paid to the hotelier (unless by special arrangement).
Appendix 1 : Information formAccommodation only (furnished accommodation):
If you purchase this travel service, you benefit from the rights granted by the Tourism Law. CHATEL RESERVATION and its partners are entirely responsible for the proper performance of the rental.
Furthermore, as required by law, CHATEL RESERVATION has cover to refund your payments should it become insolvent.
For further information on your rights: https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCode.do?cidTexte=LEGITEXT000006074073&dateTexte=&categorieLien=cid.
All-inclusive stay:The combination of travel services offered to you is a package as defined by the EU directive 2015/2302 and article L.211-2 II of the Tourism Law.
You therefore benefit from the rights granted by the European Union that are applicable to packages, as implemented in the Tourism Law. CHATEL RESERVATION and its partner service providers are totally responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Furthermore, as required by law, CHATEL RESERVATION has cover in order to refund your payments should it become insolvent.
For further information on the key rights under EU directive 2015/2302 implemented into national law: https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCodeArticle.do;jsessionid=B6B56671A51841699A8FB7B4B5EB08A2.tplgfr21s_1?idArticle=LEGIARTI000036242695&cidTexte=LEGITEXT000006074073&categorieLien=id&dateTexte=20180701
- Travellers will receive all essential information on the travel service or package prior to signing the contract.
- CHATEL RESERVATION and its partner service providers are responsible for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers receive an emergency telephone number or the contact details for their contact person in order for them to be able to contact CHATEL RESERVATION
- Travellers can transfer their travel service or their package to another person, giving reasonable notice and subject to possible payment of additional fees.
- The price of the travel service or the price of the package can only be increased if specific costs increase and if this possibility is explicitly provided for in the contract, and can in any case not be modified less than twenty days prior to the start of the stay.
If the price increase is greater than 8% of the price of the travel service or the price of the package, the traveller can cancel the contract. While CHATEL RESERVATION reserves the right to increase the price, the traveller has the right to a price discount should costs decrease.
- Travellers can cancel the contract without the payment of cancellation fees and be refunded entirely for payments made should one of the essential elements of the contract, other than the price, be subject to an important modification. If, prior to the start of the service or the start of the package, the professional who is responsible cancels the service or package, travellers can receive a refund or compensation.
- Travellers can cancel the contract without the payment of cancellation fees prior to the start of the service or the package or in the event of exceptional circumstances, for example if there are serious safety problems at the destination that are likely to affect either the service or package.
- Furthermore, travellers can, at any time prior to the start of the service or package, cancel the contract subject to the payment of relevant and justifiable cancellation fees.
- If, after the start of travel service or package, important elements cannot be provided as planned, other suitable services must be proposed to the travellers, without a price supplement.
- Travellers can cancel the contract without the payment of cancellation fees when the services are not performed as per the contract, when this considerably affects the performance of the package and the organiser does not find a solution.
- Travellers also have the right to a price discount and/or compensation if travel services are not be performed or are performed badly.
- CHATEL RESERVATION and its partner service providers must provide help if a traveller is in trouble.
- If CHATEL RESERVATION and its partner service providers become insolvent, the amounts paid will be refunded. CHATEL RESERVATION has taken out insolvency protection withATRADIUS CREDIT INSURANCE NV – 44 avenue Georges Pompidou, 92596 LEVALLOIS PERET CEDEX
Travellers can contact this body if services are refused to them due to the insolvency of CHATEL RESERVATION