Located at the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski area, between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, Chatel resort offers many advantages for families!
For over twenty years, Chatel Reservation has been helping you with your ski holiday booking, from choosing accommodation to ski passes, equipment and lessons.
Choice of accommodation and children's activities
Our best advice: book accommodation right next to the slopes or the ski school!
As the village of Chatel is quite spread out, you will find five access points to the ski area: the Petit-Chatel chairlift, the Super-Chatel gondola, the Vonnes chairlifts, the Linga gondola and the Pre-La-Joux chairlifts. If your rental is not by the slopes, you can use the resort's free shuttle service, ideal for getting to the ski slopes with young children, or for letting your teenagers organise their skiing days.
1. Childcare facilities in the resort centre
2. Ski lessons meeting points
- At the arrival of the Super-Chatel gondola
From December to March, the French Ski School of Chatel runs group ski lessons for adults and children from 5 y.o. in the Super-Chatel area.
Please note that children must be accompanied when going up in the gondola. An "accompanying" pedestrian pass is available from the ESF in Châtel.
Check out the accommodation in the centre of the resort, close to the Super-Châtel gondola, that is still available on your chosen dates!
- At the Pre la Joux
From December to April, several ski schools offer ski lessons for adults and children:
ESF Chatel: ski and snowboard lessons for children from 5 y.o.
ESI Pro Skiing: ski lessons for children aged from 4 y.o.
Chatel Sensations: ski and snowboard lessons from 6 y.o., kindergarten from 3 y.o.
There are only a few large chalets at Pre la Joux. Check out the accommodation in the Linga-Villapeyron area that is still available on your chosen dates!
- The ESF kindergarten is located in Loy :
From December to April, the Club Piou-Piou "Les Marmottons" of the French Ski School of Chatel offers children aged 3, 4 and 5 the chance to learn to ski in a private, specially equipped and secure area outside the ski area.
Check out the apartments and chalets in Loy area that are still available on your chosen dates!
Learn to ski in Chatel
And have fun skiing!
For everyone's enjoyment, the Châtel ski area has been adapted for beginners, whether children or adults:
- Choose the blue and green ski slopes, designed for children and learning to ski
- The Green fun run (the well-known Milka run)
- Beginners' area at the arrival of the Super-Chatel gondola with snow wire and children's lifts
- Beginners' area at Pre la Joux with covered conveyor belt
- Kindergarten outside the ski area, in a dedicated, secure area
- Several downhill runs: Belette (green) at Pre la Joux, Boude (blue) + Combe (red) at Super-Chatel, Forgne + Leiche (blue) at Linga.
- Save the energy of small carriers by using the ski lockers available at the Vonnes, Pre la Joux and Super-Châtel lifts.
- Go for it on the Snowpark, Super-Chatel area
- Challenge yourself on the speed run, Super-Chatel area
- With Ski Academy, the slopes are open to everyone: book your taxi-ski, handiski, airboard or snake-glide session from Pre la Joux.
Combine family and budget
There's no shortage of family-friendly offers in a family resort
It's great to hit the slopes as a family, as long as you can book your holiday without breaking the bank! In Chatel, we've adapted our ski pass prices to suit families. In Chatel and in the Portes du Soleil, ski pass prices are adapted to families.
- 15% discount on ski passes when you book your accommodation via Chatel Reservation
You don't need to be 4 people to benefit from a special rate, or for all the members of your tribe to take the same ski pass...
Our special offer: with Chatel Reservation, your ski pass is refundable up to the day of arrival, whatever the reason (illness, weather or ... just don't feel like it).
- All winter long, ski passes are FREE for children under 5!
- From the 30th of March 2024, take advantage of the FREE KIDS offer: a FREE children's ski pass under 12 with the purchase of a paying adult ski pass, Chatel Espace Liberte or Portes du Soleil, for 3 days or more.
> Compare the differences between Chatel Espace Liberte and Portes du Soleil ski passes, and check out the piste maps!
Simplify your holiday!
Use the official Chatel booking office and you'll be sure to find the ideal accommodation
Chatel Reservation does more than just offer holiday rentals at the best rates! Discover our extended range of services to make your life easier:
- Ski equipment rental and ski lesson booking
- Lighten your suitcases with our linen hire service
- Whenever possible, the hire or loan of a cot and/or high chair is specified in the accommodation advertisement
- WiFi SOS! Rent a 4G box for the duration of your holiday and stay connected all week long.
- Save time on site by collecting from our office your ski passes, equipment rental vouchers and lesson cards
- Special for parents: treat yourself to a well-deserved well-being break! Enjoy a 15% discount at the spa Oceane in the Forme d'O Chatel aquatic centre
Entertainment and après-ski for children aged 0 to 99
Is your little one not the future Lindsey Vonn? Don't panic, Chatel resort is full of activities for children of all ages!
- C L'Aventure, an indoor play area for children aged 2 to 12
- Forme d'O, Chatel's swimming pool: an indoor and outdoor pool for children, and a spa area for over-16s.
- Dedicated sledging areas at Super-Chatel, Pre la Joux and Sous-Vonnes
- Old Custom House museum
- Outdoor ice rink, at church square
- Fantasticable flights for the brave!
- Visit to the Abondance Cheese centre
- Hot-air balloon flights
- Le Chaudron bowling
- Carousel and crêpes in the village centre
- Little tourist train
- Municipal library
- Sewing workshops
- Visits and hight-tea at the farm
- Escape Game at the hotel Belalp
- Marked snowshoe trails and themed footpaths
- Cross-country skiing, skating, biathlon introductory courses at La Chapelle d'Abondance Nordic ski area, Panthiaz
- Every Monday, welcome drink and torchlight descent by the ski instructors
- Every week, themed activities for children organised by Chatel Tourism: street shows, treasure hunts, etc.